Subject: [Leica] IMG: Week 38 (ric)
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue Sep 23 19:53:33 2008

Thanks for looking. Week 38's offerings:

We got a new sign at work this week. A truck took the old one out
months ago in a multi-vehicle crash. It's my first piece of design
that is writ in stone;^) I'll send a shot when the ground is sculpted.
Here they are setting it.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-sign.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4zl3yq

Fishing family on the Pamlico River at the foot of the Highway 17
bridge in Washington, NC. Late summer sunset.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-fishing.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4zl3yq

Shot out the car window while passing.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-tacos.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4ruf9k

Got a couple of hours last week to shoot urban landscapes and night
folk in Winston-Salem, NC. Yes, it's where the cigarettes got their
names. We won't talk about the table of tracheostomy patients I sat
next to at a hotel happy hour there one night.

The Noctilux and Nokton really can record things (handheld) that you
cannot see with your eye. This lady was minding a late night urban
grocery. I could hardly make out facial details.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-99cent.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4d7cdo

Last customer in the diner.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-diner.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/52ardg

Customers outside the Silvermoon Saloon. This is the Nokton 35/1.2
wide open.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-silvermoon.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4btk36

Helping close Mom's shop.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-windowwasher.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4982f3

I really do enjoy the mixed light of late night cities. I've got to
try HDR on this stuff.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-mainst.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/47nxdq

Railroad alley between tobacco factories.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-tracksB.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/3lnxqx

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/