Subject: [Leica] S2 hits Photokina
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Sep 22 23:28:58 2008

An off list discussion with Hoppy makes me want to share those thoughts I
expressed to him on list.
Here they are:

30x45 is significant.
Representing a real option to medium format digital.
It will be interesting to see how soon how many jobs it steals from medium
format digital. As they will be bought camera stores just like Hassy H
system for rental.
Is the thought now that what they get now from Hassy H1 is overkill?
My guess is yes and half the Perc to medium format digital is the software
edge you get with those tethered cameras hooked up with the expert to the
large monitor.
They'd be room for this new full frame on steroids or 645 on Atkins format.
I think it will go over like gang busters.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner