Subject: [Leica] S2 hits Photokina
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 22 14:54:46 2008

Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Well I wondered in an earlier post why there wasn't any mention of
estimated
> cost? Has there been any?

Perhaps this is one of those instances where "if you have to ask, you can't
afford it".  Besides whatever the cost is now, it will be instantly
translated into US$ and by the time the camera is available the US$ will
have sunken to a new low and the price in US$ will double.

> And given the quality levels of photography are dropping like a fast
falling
> brick off Mount Everest with any old kind of image available for the least
> amount of payment. What do you think 37mgp is going to do? Sell more
> pictures? Not today! ... So why would one really and honestly need
> 37 MGP's? Other than personal satisfaction! Income? Never!

As an amateur I wouldn't have to justify this on a ROI basis, just the
personal satisfaction.  I wonder how I could sneak this into the house?

Forrest, you're not reading this.  Remember who gave you the R4.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web