Subject: [Leica] R10 in development
From: topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Charlie Chan)
Date: Mon Sep 22 12:42:06 2008

I met Dr Kaufmann at the Goodwood Revival motorsport meeting in the UK
on Friday and Saturday. He espied my DMR and 280/4 APO and came to
have a chat. I noticed his M8 and said how disappointed I was with the
shutter noise. He said he had a M8.2 and would I like to try it - very
quiet. He was a really nice guy and committed to Leica and their
cameras. We had a chat about future developments and said that the R10
is real and will be announced next fall. There will be an adapter in
the meantime for using R lenses on the new S mount, but this will come
later.

Charlie