Subject: [Leica] Auto ISO
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Mon Sep 22 03:37:18 2008

I've now been using the AUTO ISO function on my M8's, and for street
shooting it can be a real bonus. I have toyed with fixing it myself and also
on using "lens dependent" and both work as might be hoped. The real bonus is
the slight but I think definite reduction in noise with the firmware update.
The last image I posted:

http://tinyurl.com/435bwq

was taken at 1250 ISO, and a number of others at 640 out on the street on a
sunny day. I can see "grain" in the 1250 image, but most of the 640 ones
look fine, ESPECIALLY if you are planning to do b/w. If you were using a
camera with less noisy images, then it would be very handy thing for colour
as well.

Here is a colour version of the same session at 1250 iso. To my eye its OK
in colour and works well in b/w

http://tinyurl.com/3t28cr

Cheers

Alastair