Subject: [Leica] M8 Auto ISO instruction
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu Sep 18 23:38:06 2008

It really depends on how much you are in a hurry. With auto ISO (for
example, on the E-3), I usually use Aperture Priority and if the
shutter looks good, I'll shoot without worrying what the ISO is. Of
course, if you have the time, then you would select the right
combination of the 3 control variables...

At 11:30 PM 9/18/2008, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>Sorry to ask a dumb question, but why is auto ISO a big deal?
>
>I cannot think of any situation where I would not want to control the
>ISO myself. If the resulting shutter speed is too slow for comfort,
>then I might still prefer to take my chances, or increase ISO
>manually, but I cannot imagine why I would let the camera make that
>decision. What am I missing?

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M8 Auto ISO instruction)