Subject: [Leica] In depth article on Leica - Slow to Refocus
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Thu Sep 18 01:34:47 2008
References: <2883200.1221619812918.JavaMail.root@elwamui-rubis.atl.sa.earthlink.net> <48D0721E.5040700@san.rr.com> <a3f189160809170800q5f63de45lbaca3d35e234344@mail.gmail.com> <3D853BFB-46E9-4D49-BD6A-5CCE691BA368@frozenlight.eu> <00B2254E-FA3C-4A3E-884B-E393726FA2B3@paulhardycarter.com> <F6A65F14-A0D6-4DCA-8B6E-F54CBE99EA8D@frozenlight.eu> <48D1EFA5.9070106@tele2.fr> <CD6F8557-98C9-4DBA-AF7D-75D905C4819D@paulhardycarter.com>

PHC wrote:

> You're quite right, of course, that is the way "Anglo-Saxon" is used
> these days, but I'm still curious to know why. It seems totally
> random - you could equally say "Celtic Capitalism" for example.
>
> Here, in Spain, when people say "Americano" they mean someone from
> South America. Someone from the US or Canada would be "Nordeamericano".
>
> And speaking as one who is Anglo-Irish, born in a part of Ireland
> that is part of the UK but not part of Great Britain, but, yes, is
> part of the British Isles, I long ago gave up trying to explain the
> complexities of British political geography to anyone!

In any case when you play rugby, or football, you're different nations,
and this is what matter most to many :-D
phx