Subject: [Leica] 7 percent IS such a heck of a lot!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Sep 17 20:55:49 2008

If  you were shooting with a 3.5 normal lens you'd have only 7% the light
gathering power of the new faster Noctilux .95 says PETER SVENSSON ? 6 hours
ago!!! Read it and weep cheap zoom users!
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jGvgFCCoM4zyCw8S9D31npLW6RLAD938N4JO0
http://tinyurl.com/4ocvdt

The other % he mentions is 11.
11% more light gathering does the f.95 get that the measly f1 does not.

To me that sounds somehow like A LOT!!
But he says it doesn't amount to a  hill of beans in this crazy world.

He says Stefan Daniel says its going to cost ten big ones and there is a
google map of NY. He should know Stefan's in NJ. Leica NY is Leica NJ as of
7 or 11 years ago. Tony Soprano now is in charge of waste disposal. Less
waste waste.

I think it was made .95 because if they came out with another f1 with no
back focus issues and whatever the other problem was people who had the old
version would be storming the gates with torches looking for blood or their
money back. So this is a different lens.
To me they could have left it at f1 I'd not have gone looking for a torch.
Flashlight maybe. In the UK that's the same thing.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner