Subject: [Leica] Re: In depth article on Leica - Slow to Refocus
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Sep 17 16:09:47 2008

What an utterly silly remark Emanuel - here in Hannover the head of one
of the opposition parties (liberals) in the State Parliament is an
adopted Vietnamese orphan (very Asian features). His colleague is in one
of the other parties (conservatives) is half Scots (very Scottish
looking). Both were elected in with over 90% of their party's votes -
BTW only German nationals or naturalised Germans with migration origins
(ex-foreigners :-) ) can vote. Hannover is a very conservative patch of
northern Germany.

I've lived here for almost 40 years and have very seldom experienced
excessive racism - and definitely not against people with Asian origins
- neither in the South West or Northern Germany.
If at all, it's directed at Africans and Turks and is predominantly
perpetrated by the social(ist) dregs of what is left over from the GDR.

Maybe ex-commies are hated so much that they have to take it out on
someone else. :-)

Cheers
Douglas