Subject: [Leica] Re: screaming children meet john
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Wed Sep 17 08:51:53 2008

Blurring???  The lines have been obliterated for decades and the so called
main stream journalism is nothing but a corporate PR front.  We all have to
retreat into the world of "samizdat" to learn anything real about the
world.  The problem is 65% of Americans and our equally radical "enemies"
are convinced art is the devils hand and ascension is achieved through mass
murder. But that is OK as long as we keep Wall Street liquid.  I would use
Greenberg's photographs as an opportunity to mirror the insanity of the
past 8 years not as "democratic policy gone awry" but as policy made by
radical ideologues with narrow self-interests;  a phenomenon that main
stream journalism is incapable or unwilling to elucidate but one which
artists can't resist.

At 06:47 PM 9/16/2008, you wrote:
>At 06:38 PM 9/16/2008, you wrote:
>>Are your wedding pictures "neutral," or do you try to present your
>>subjects in a special and positive manner?
>>
>>Total honesty might not go over all that well;^)
>>
>>Ric
>

>Jill Greenberg calls herself the Manipulator on her own website.  That's
>fine for "art" but not so good for photojournalism.  Patrick Schneider was
>fired from the Charlotte Observer for increasing the saturation on a photo
>of firemen fighting a fire.  Jill Greenberg deliberately used unflattering
>lighting and editing, even adding a monkey to a photo, to portray McCain
>in a biased way.  If she wants to do that for "art", that's her
>prerogative, but it has no place on the cover of the Atlantic Monthly
>unless they are covering her art exhibit.  It's certainly not
>photojournalism.  There have been too many blurring of the lines lately
>and this is the worst I've seen.
>
>Tina
>
>Tina Manley
>www.tinamanley.com

Chris Saganich, M.S.
Senior Physicist, Office of Health Physics
New York Presbyterian Hospital
chs2018@med.cornell.edu
http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/research/health_phys/
Ph. 212.746.6964