Subject: [Leica] who is on line for the M8 upgrade?
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Fri Sep 12 13:45:32 2008

ACK! Don't use it!
I was in love with my Giotto self-adhesive LCD protector mine until it
cracked !

I thought "Ok-- I'll just replace it"
To remove it you deactivate the adhesive with a hair dryer.
Unfortunately, similar glue hold Leica's glass protector to the body.
BOTH giotto protector and glass popped of the camera in one fused piece.

I sent my in to Leica NJ and the fixed (at not charge!)

One week later, the giotto protector on my 5d cracked - seems the
edges are ultra brittle.
It came off cleanly.

I have sworn them off.

Eric