Subject: [Leica] Re: 21/1.4??
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Sep 11 19:26:14 2008

Hi folks,

While we've been touching on 21mm lenses, view finders and cost, I thought
I'd just throw this in to make yer toes curl! :-)

My first brand new right from factory 21 f 3.4 cost $318.00 Canadian dollars
! Including the view finder! Doesn't that make yer toes twitch? :-)

However the day rate was something like $40.00 a day if you were shooting
all day on the assignment. Like that could be 10 -12 hours! And if it rained
and you couldn't work outside, you were paid.. Ready? :-) $25.00 And yes we
were using Leicas!

At one point I lost a 21mm viewfinder in a runway under construction when
concrete was being poured at an airport. The replacement viewfinder was..
$90.00! Try and buy a Leica 21mm viewfinder today for that price. :-(

Of course today the day rates vary between "$1250.00 to $2000.00 plus every
extra cost you can imagine!

We wont get into the cost of equipment. :-) But that was such a beautiful
simple time of life!

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: 21/1.4??)