Subject: [Leica] IMG: Mexican Stone Head
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Thu Sep 11 14:07:01 2008

which is why I posted this latest communication:

"One 'professor' looked at the photos and I was told "professor had
a  chance to look at the photos and reports that he thought it
certainly could be an authentic antiquity, that the patina coloring
indicates a piece of significant age. He did not go further. He will
leave further conclusion to the experts in Ann Arbor."

Note: "could be? " and "did not go further."

The piece will find its way to the 'hands' of experts in Ann Arbor.

The photos were meant for nothing more than determining 'plausibility
and interest' as well as to discover who best to evaluate the actual
object. No one is attempting determine true authenticity by photos on
the internet.

Moreover, I have, in the past, done evidence photography which
included sworn affidavits as to veracity of photographs, including
height from ground of camera, focal length of lens, distance from
subject and guarantee of lack of manipulation.

I can provide the same including lack of manipulation guarantee in
regards to these images. Obviously, if anyone would challenge their
(the photos) authenticity and find against my sworn testimony; my
reputation and professionalism would suffer greatly.

This type of work requires absolute adherence to craft, not even
removing sensor dust from image file, nada, and professionalism in
every regard.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com