Subject: [Leica] Re:Surprises at Photokina now Uncle Bob
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams)
Date: Thu Sep 11 10:16:48 2008

In the wedding industry, we call them "Uncle Bob"

Uncle Bob will be the guy shooting over your shoulder with the Nikon D3 or
Canon 1D MkIII with his flash pointed directly at the subject. Usually the
camera is accompanied by the latest 18-200/4.5-5.6 whatever zoom since why
pay $$$ for a lens? Later on he or she will talk your ass off about which
camera he used to have but now it's so easy when all you do it shoot on
"Program".

I've yet to experience any real Uncle Bob. I'm pretty tall and know how to
use my elbows.

I was talking with another photographer before my last wedding, we discussed
that when the iPhone gets LR we're in for it :)

Chris
NOLA