Subject: [Leica] Surprises at Photokina
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Thu Sep 11 07:56:24 2008

Ted Grant writes in part:
> "Oh he has a new digital camera and lens that costs $18,000 dollars? Well>
> we're not paying for his new camera, use Charlie!" The game is over!> >
> Next day the pro has a sign on the door."CLOSED DUE TO BANKRUPTCY!" > >
> I'm afraid, not that it makes any difference, if the price levels are
> true,> I expect so, the Leica company maybe pushing their luck a tad
> continuing> with the level of prices. When the world is in the beginning
> of an economic> down turn in the economy. Certainly when they're up
> against the next level> of "everybody has a $200.00 or $39.95 digital auto
> everything that makes> "great exposures, not photographs."

Ted,

Rumor has it that the best solution to this issue for you is to shoot a
couple of weddings! Say two weekends in a row?

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada
Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn ?10 hidden secrets? from Jamie.

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Re:Surprises at Photokina)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Surprises at Photokina)