Subject: [Leica] Re: Nikon Scanners (now slow film)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Thu Sep 11 03:48:12 2008

On Sep 11, 2008, at 2:17 AM, Walt wrote:

> I remember using Tech Pan in 1983. Was shooting my wife and son
> (weeks old) and fell in love with the stuff. Still yet, I'd trade a
> fuzzy,grainy image that says something over a sharp,grainless one
> any day. Being so use to shooting on the fly I just couldn't handle
> slow film.
>
> To be honest, I doubt much slow film has made it into image
> production.

In my case there hasta be one M body with 400 (or occasionally 1600)
speed film in it so that I can dedicate another one to something
really slow.  I find that B&W nature stuff is extremely demanding
when it comes to texture rendering.

Problem is, I now have 4-6 images which need to be huge in order to
make sense.

And I really, really hate to say things like this, but my M-2 / 50
'cron / ATP 1.1 setup is now producing better imaging at a given
print size than my Rolleiflex / Acros 100 rig.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Re: Nikon Scanners (now slow film))
Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Re: Nikon Scanners (now slow film))