Subject: [Leica] A Firkin in Paris
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Sep 7 09:01:16 2008

Bonjour to you all,
I have survived the 34 or so hours it took to journey to Paris, and am
sitting in my room opposite the Notre Dame gardens, listening to Helen
gently snoring. Bugger of a trip really. Held up in Singapore for 3 hours,
delayed in Paris AFTER LANDING for one hour, then collected 3 out of the 4
checked in pieces: missing tripods, streetshooters, adaptors for power and
running shoes ;-) Now we have to hope that Air France can deliver the bag in
the next couple of days before the Nokia dies (recharger is in the bag!!!1)

Just to start off the diary, I've made a LUG gallery for some images, and
posted the first one: our view of Notre Dame from the front window, taken
with the Dior M8 and 35mm lens, with its "new" IR filter (thanks Marty):

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alastair/album184/PARIS+08/L5920240-1-1.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alastair/album184/PARIS+08/L5920240-1-1.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/6essqo

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] A Firkin in Paris)