Subject: [Leica] filter for an earlier 50/2 R lens?
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri Sep 5 17:24:31 2008

I have a Summicron 50/2 serial 31807xx. Can anyone tell me what size
lens cap will fit? It's not the newer E55. I tried a 62mm that looks
like same size as the front but it's a bit small?

I bought it to convert to be used with the XPan. The rangefinder
coupling conversion does focus but I can't check the accuracy yet as
I shot a roll of slide roll but now the local shop only does slide
processing on Friday and Tuesday :-( I guess I will shot a roll of
XP2 and take it to Walgreen this weekend...

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)