Subject: [Leica] USSR suitcase enlarger
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Sep 5 13:34:38 2008

Sonny,

Supply is an issue. Three years ago I went from living in a metropolis
(Portland, OR) to rural NC. Mail order became my only option. Even if
I'd stayed in the city things are different now. Pro Photo Supply, a
great store in Portland that I frequented for years and was recently in,
has limited analog fare.

Because brick and mortar camera shops are disappearing it's becoming
very difficult to get hands on with new equipment. Regardless of what
good things I read about the M8, it's just not the same as seeing one up
close and personal.

I'm still using CS, too, because my desktop is still running Win2K. It's
long in the tooth but very stable and it's outlived several XP boxes and
a Mac that tried to replace it. I need to build another XP box before
too long. I'm waiting for a cold, rainy weekend. Lots of those in
Portland. Thankfully not many in NC :-)

DaveR