Subject: [Leica] IMG: Too Dark?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Aug 31 10:06:37 2008

At 12:19 PM 8/31/2008, you wrote:
>Tina,Great shot.  I'm with Ted; the upper right and lower left need to be
>paper black.  With the pushing the highlights are probably blown put try a
>HDR with two scans to pull out any information at the edge of white.  What I
>think you are looking for is what W Eugene Smith did with his Haitian insane
>asylum image; almost all black except for the important details: her face
>and torso and the tortillas.

Thanks, Don.  I hadn't thought about doing two scans but I'll
certainly try that.  The manual for the Silverfast software is almost
500 pages long and looks extremely complicated, but if I can pull
anything more out of these old negatives, it will be worth learning how.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMG: Too Dark?)