Subject: [Leica] Just received my Black Paint Leica M3 from Rangefinder Restorations! (A small review)
From: leicamshooter at yahoo.com (G Medina)
Date: Sat Aug 30 08:50:23 2008

For anyone who is considering having their chrome Leica painted, I?ve
written a small review of the positive experience I?ve had with Robert
Jagitsch at rangefinder Restorations. Like others, I too was concern about
sending my Leica away to Japan or England and not seeing it for at least six
weeks, and in some horror cases up to a year. Someone on the LUG referred me
to Rangefinder restorations two months ago, and I decided that Austin Texas
was a lot closer, and I wouldn?t have to deal with custom fees.

I sent my chrome Leica M3 DS with a request for the lacquer semi-gloss black
paint option. With use, this particular option wears like the current
production Leica MP. More durable paints, finishes and colors are available.
Two weeks later my M3 was back and beautifully painted! Communication was
great throughout the process and Robert addressed any concerns I had with
the dismantling of my camera.

I did not request the CLA option, since my camera was cla?d by DAG not too
long ago, but nonetheless my camera came back feeling more snug and smooth
than when it left. Robert offers various options for the paint job,
including a full restoration of the back door bumpers. My camera is a user
camera, so I decided on only the black paint option. The inside of the base
plate was also redone, and I assume this is standard when one sends their
camera in. I should also mention that the camera did come back with a clear
base plate protector.

I?ve posted pics of my Black Paint Leica M3 on the LUG gallery:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/leicamshooter/Miscellaneous+Item+Photos/L1060904.JPG.html>

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/leicamshooter/Miscellaneous+Item+Photos/L1060905.JPG.html>

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/leicamshooter/Miscellaneous+Item+Photos/L1060906.JPG.html>

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/leicamshooter/Miscellaneous+Item+Photos/L1060907.JPG.html>

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/leicamshooter/Miscellaneous+Item+Photos/L1060908.JPG.html>

Robert?s website offers a lot more information on the various paint options:

<http://www.rangefinderrestorations.com>

Thanks for the interest,
G medina

Ps. I am no way associated with Rangefinder Restorations

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Just received my Black Paint Leica M3 from Rangefinder Restorations! (A small review))
Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Just received my Black Paint Leica M3 from RangefinderRestorations! (A small review))
Reply from joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao) ([Leica] Just received my Black Paint Leica M3 from Rangefinder Restorations! (A small review))