Subject: [Leica] feeling cranky
From: bwdaly at gmail.com (brad daly)
Date: Fri Aug 29 13:21:37 2008

Hi Luggers,

It's been a long time since I've been subscribed or posted here.  I hope
everyone is well.

I'm having a problem with my M6, and I'd like some ideas: while I was in
India back in December and January, I started having problems with the
advance lever.  On some rolls--not all--but always around frame #24, the
advance mechanism jams up and makes a terrible grinding sound.  I know I'm
using 36-exp rolls, and I'm loading film as I've done for the seven years
I've had the camera.  I sort of assume there's something a little wrong in
the mechanism, but why does it always crop up around frame #24?  And why
does this only happen intermittently?

Any ideas?

Also, lots and lots of pictures from India, some shot with the Leica, some
with the Hasselblad Xpan, up on my flickr page:  www.bradbrad.com

--Brad

--
brad daly