Subject: [Leica] IMG: vise, clouds and tying
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Fri Aug 29 06:43:27 2008

On Aug 28, 2008, at 7:16 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:
> Yes but!
> The complexity and frequency of the knurling means I only see the
> points of
> a small area as sharp, whereas the simpler lines of the corner and
> two holes
> don't need as much sharpness.

Quite true. And this sets up another one of the basic visual design
principles: Contrast.
In photography we generally use the term to refer only to tone. In
visual design the term can easily apply to complex in play with
simple; large in play with tiny; etc.

> Actually I assumed that you used some offset
> movement to produce the plane of sharpness shown. It looks to angle
> back
> into the image- corner, a crescent of the knurling and part way
> into the top
> surface??

no movements on this one. 65 elmar mounted > 16484 focusing tube >
visoflex III > M8.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com