Subject: [Leica] IMG: vise, clouds and tying
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Aug 28 17:06:52 2008

George I hadn't considered the second shoe lace as a valid element, only
that it drew my eye. I follow your point on the tonal balance. There I only
considered a means of reducing the prominence of the shoelace and the beer
on the bench. Also that there is a tonal gradation progressively darker from
right to left.
Keep in mind always that I am completely unschooled. But I always tune into
the George photography discovery channel (and quite a few other channels in
the LUG package) to continue my learning! On what is acceptable as a change
to the image, that is quite another issue, I think. I follow the AA doctrine
there. Compose and expose as perfectly as you can but don't be afraid to
improve what you got in your darkroom if it gets you closer to what you
visualised.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e