Subject: [Leica] Katrina's Children
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue Aug 26 11:04:34 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 10:27 AM, Sonny Carter wrote:

> Several of us who have been touched (smacked?) by the disastrous
> federal government response to Katrina are remembering this week.
>
> Leonard Pitts' newspaper column today is a must read.  He talks of a
> film that I am about to watch.  I'm telling you now, because I
> probably be too angry to type after I've seen it
>
> http://www.miamiherald.com/living/columnists/leonard-pitts/story/653939.html
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6e8h8p

my heart just sinks Sonny...

It's trite to say I feel sorry, but most of us can't fathom what it's
like to be there, even now...

I can only equate it to feelings about desperately sick kids...and
maybe the analogy is to some extent appropriate...

besides doing what we can now to support the kids,

there is an election coming up...

Steve