Subject: [Leica] M8.. Kurland
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Aug 26 10:48:11 2008

Sonny Carter offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] M8.. Kurland

>> Otherwise, I shoot it just like an M7, except I can chimp.<<<

I have no idea what "Kurland" on the head of so many posts has to do with
using an M8? Me being somewhat off line and self for a bit but here's my M8
way. KISS!

Turn it on, put to eye, click, move on! :-)

No filters and only once did I have a "red condition!" Fixed quickly. made
it B&W perfect M photo! :-)

Same old story, he or she who fiddles and farts about switching things all
over the place will tend to be miserable with any camera. Keep it simple and
the M8 is as beautiful as an M7 with a bonus. "If you absolutely have to
"LOOK!"  You can! Otherwise do as I do, well then I'm not always right but
so what, nobody is perfect! ;-) Shoot and don't bother to look unless you
absolutely must! :-)

If anything, I'd like the top end "grain effect" to be more like a Tri-x 400
neg would look, even when pushed one stop. But I suppose the next version
will fix several of the grumblings of the M8.

But right now it's best to click away and enjoy the machine as it is. :-)

Have a nice picture taking day.

ted

I'm with you on that. I seldom make any changes to my basic M8 setup.  The

only controls I fiddle with is shutter speeds and aperture, except when I'm

shooting in Trinity Parish Church.  I then set it to profile 3 which has a

custom white balance and 640 ISO.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Lottermoser George
<imagist3@mac.com>wrote:

> I cannot understand this.

> My M8 stays on one setting: filters on, lens recognition on.

> Filters stay on the lenses which have them.

> I also throw many unfiltered lenses on the body without ill effect or need

> to change the settings.

> Including, but not limited to:

> 65 Elmar/Viso

> 90 Apo Rodagon/Ultima

> 100 Apo Elmarit

> Of the 4 digital cameras I use - the M8 qualifies as the simplest, the

> fastest and produces the highest quality files.

> The only thing missing on the camera, for my uses, is the high ISO

> performance.

> Fond regards,

> George

> george@imagist.com

> http://www.imagist.com

> http://www.imagist.com/blog

> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist

> On Aug 26, 2008, at 12:48 AM, Alastair Firkin wrote:

>  The bugs are "fun" for an amateur, but I'm sure they are hell on earth
for

--

Regards,

Sonny