Subject: [Leica] No cheques on eBay
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Fri Aug 22 16:32:20 2008

Robert,

In fact, I believe they automatically do things like that. Once my paypal
income from various ebay sales went over $10'000 within a few months, and
they froze my account for a few hours or one day, for any activity (though
the money was already loaded down to my bank account). They notified me that
they would be forced by law to check my sales activities, I guess mainly
because of money laundry activities. I do not remember whether this was the
law of my country or of paypal's princinpal office (which is Singapore).

But any bank, except from Switzerland ;-), Liechtenstein, Monaco and some
off-shore islands, would do exactly the same, so there's no difference to
paypal.

Didier