Subject: [Leica] LUG gallery to be locked against changes for a couple of days
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Aug 21 22:25:28 2008

For those of you with a technical bent who actually care, here's what I'm
doing with the LUG gallery while it's offline:

http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:FAQ#How_can_I_move_my_gallery_installation_from_one_server_to_another.3F

I'm in step 5a right now, making a tar file of the existing data folder so I
can let it copy overnight. I've run a 1000BaseT wire directly between the
old computer and the new one, and if I'm awake enough when the tar file is
ready I should be able to copy it that way.

Ah, it's ready:
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    - 243441374208 Aug 22 05:13
lug-gallery-g2data.tar

so I type
    scp lug-gallery-g2data.tar reid@192.168.0.5:

and go to bed.

Thanks for your patience. I know you'll like the new server a lot better.

p.s.: phpMyAdmin is a total nightmare. Whoever wrote it should be tasered.

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] LUG gallery to be locked against changes for a couple of days)