Subject: [Leica] FS: Old cameras
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Thu Aug 21 21:56:48 2008

I'm simplifying my cluttered life and trying to help pay for this
semester's tuition while doing it. Got a few cameras
for sale.

Voigtlander Avus 9x12cm plate camera with Rada rollfilm back. This camera I
refurbished and put a 90mm Graflex Optar on to use as a panoramic. The body
is metal and quite small for a format this size. Bellows has no holes and is
in excellent condition. Completely light tight. The Avus body features 18mm
of vertical rise (long axis of the film) and about 15mm of shift. It has
been lightly modified to be used only as a panoramic, but can be converted
back to use the standard 125mm lens (not included.)
The Rada 120 rollfilm back has been modified by having the film gate widened
and now exposes a 6x11cm image. Film stays very flat and the back is very
light tight.
Graflex Optar lens is a 90mm f/6.8 copy of the 1st gen Schneider Angulon.
This lens has some cosmetic blemishes on the shutter but the glass is in
excellent condition, no fungus or haze. Aperture blades are oil free and the
speeds are within 1/2 stop of optimal. The set with body, lens, back and
some old hardware I will sell for $150.

Exakta 500 (Exa) camera body and 50mm lens. Body is in Good +
condition. Shutter works well but could use a CLA for accuracy and
consistency. Lens is a coated Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm f/2.8 Tessar and a
fantastic performer. Aperture blades are free of oil, glass is in
excellent condition with a few coating marks on the front element. $60

Voss Diax IIa 35mm rangefinder. This camera is in Excellent condition both
cosmetically and operationally. Rangefinder is clear and accurate. It uses
Diax mount interchangeable lenses. Shutter speeds are accurate. Included
with the camera will be one Isco-Gottingen 50mm f/3.5 Isconar. Aperture
blades are oil free. This lens is sharp stopped down but pleasantly soft
wide open, both due to the lens design, uncoated optics and a bit of haze.
$150

Schneider-Kreuznach 90mm f/3.5 Tele-Xenar in Diax mount. This lens is
fantastically sharp. Cosmetically, it looks Excellent. Aperture blades
are oil free. The front element has a few cleaning marks but it is
still sharp and flare free. $100

Kodak No. 2 Model B folding Brownie. This is a horizontally aligned
folding Brownie box camera which uses 120 format rollfilm. This piece
is the finest example of this model I've ever seen. Vintage is no later
than 1915. All leather and wood are intact and in excellent condition.
Two lower corners on the front of the camera have scuffs in the
leather. The bellows is light tight and supple. The lens very clear, no
haze or fungus, set in a Kodak ball bearing shutter working perfectly
Shutter speeds are I, B and T. There is no corrosion on the metal, no
leather bumps from buildup of copper oxide on rivets. Original spools
included. $100

Replies: Reply from chehl at comcast.net (Charles Hehl) ([Leica] FS: Old cameras)