Subject: [Leica] Ebay Policy changes..... No more Checks.....
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Aug 21 07:31:09 2008

Starting October ( 1? 30?) Ebay will no longer allow buyers to pay by
personal checks nor by money orders.  ( which means PayPal only.)

Can you believe they are stoking their own coffers at the expense and
especially risk of sellers?

If you did not  know, Paypal payments can be reversed...... and the buyer
may still have the merchandise......
Paypal does not guarantee Foreign ( non-US) payment transactions....

I am OK with this to pa a point for a $50 item.... but a $2500 Leica Item???
I am more than risk adverse.....

I guess if you have something to sell, to a foreign audience, or do not like
to use Paypal,  you best sell it now.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Ebay Policy changes..... No more Checks.....)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Ebay Policy changes..... No more Checks.....)