Subject: [Leica] IMG: My George Hurrell hollywood attempt
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Aug 20 17:13:05 2008

OK, serious critique from me, not the expected droll remark.
No. 1 works really really well for me, only the highlight on left side of
dress maybe a little bright 10 out of 10 for smile, eyes and facial
lighting.
No 2 the nose shadow drives me crazy, also the shadow from left dress strap.
I love the OoF hair blending into the background but still with tiny rim
light, (in fact lots of marvellous lighting on dark hair throughout these)
not keen on the softened face but with sharp hair detail, dial this back a
little to try?
No.4 great face lighting, hair great, sort of messy shadow/light on
d?collet?. I'd crop there. (also same distraction in no.3)
No. 5 says your 30s/40s thing well, I think. Delightful sculpting of her ear
and of course its all in the eyes. Same same for no.6 for your intended
period effect. Do you see in these two that you get less plasticised skin
effect?
My 2 cents, which was probably worth more in 1946. I need to educate myself
on George Hurrell too.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e