Subject: [Leica] Fair Trade Laws
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Aug 20 14:43:44 2008

At 02:59 PM 8/20/2008, Philippe AMARD wrote:

 >I can't see what the problem is, so far as we get the item we've ordered
 >, knowingly, and at the price its label/tag said it was.

 >Be maybe I mistook your point ???
 >Best regards

Yes, I believe that you did misinterpret what I
was writing.  I was commenting that the US
Supreme Court overturned a system that had led to
the explosion of non-Leitz LTM lenses in the
1950's.  When Peerless and Willoughby and the
like could sell Leica and Contax camera bodies at
a discount by adding a non-manufacturer lens,
then they did so and so a rich market for LTM
lenses was born.  At that time, Leitz and Zeiss
Ikon could control the selling price of camera
bodies alone and the selling price of camera
bodies equipped with their lenses but not the
selling price of a camera body with someone else's lens mounted on it.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] Fair Trade Laws)