Subject: [Leica] mixed batch processing of Tmax 400/800
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Aug 19 05:39:31 2008

They never have recommended time compensation for Tmax at 800, not
even with the former formula.

What happens is that you get a thinner negative (and loss of shadow
detail, of course, unless you compensate for that ... but then you're
back to 400 instead of 800). The longer development, according to
Kodak, results in a negative that is inferior to one that is one stop
underexposed and making adjustments in contrast at the time of
printing.

I think Xtol is the only developer for which they published longer
times for underexposing one stop. All the other developers have the
same times for 400-800 (according to Kodak).

I've never tried it since there is Neopan 1600 :-)

Daniel