Subject: [Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Aug 17 13:08:36 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Bob Adler <rgacpa@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Daniel,
> You can scan RAW too.

Yes, I know that Bob. But I am an eclectic. As much as I am fond of
film, it is only b/w film. It would make sense to make RAW scans of
color negatives, but in my case, and I'm sure others might disagree,
in my case, it doesn't make sense to use color film. I will readily
admit that for my purposes, digital is superior to film when it comes
to color.

So the issue of scanning to RAW has never arisen. I can't remember the
last time I shot color film. Probably about 4 years ago and then only
to remind me why I don't.

Totally subjective. It has nothing to do with the global issue of
digital compared to film, but only to do with my way of working.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?)