Subject: [Leica] Sorry for the delay Frank (explanation) WAS Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Aug 16 15:01:36 2008

At 05:50 PM 8/16/2008, you wrote:
>In Lightroom, you have to sharpen *before* you resize.
>
>I sharpen very modestly, very, very slightly.
>
>It makes no sense to sharpen slightly on a full-resolution image and
>then resize. Resizing a sharpened image 1) loses the sharpening, 2)
>degrades the image even more than necessary.
>
>Daniel

I don't use Lightroom this way.  I don't sharpen at all in LR.  All
of the adjustments are non-destructive so I just save the DNG files
in my archives after editing.  When I need a photo for a particular
use, I export the right file size and type to PSCS3 and use my
PhotoKit plug-ins for sharpening.  There is no reason for saving
sharpened tiffs or jpegs when you may not know future use.  The
Lightroom 2.0 version which has only been out a few weeks is totally
different from 1.4 and from the beta version of 2.0.  It's almost
like a totally different program.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com