Subject: [Leica] ACDSee vs Lightroom
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Aug 15 07:28:18 2008

Hi Aram,

I used ACDSee for a couple of years. I would not compare it to
Lightroom. Lightroom does everything that ACDSee does and a lot more.
For me, ACDSee was useful only because it allowed me to quickly go
through a bunch of images and delete the losers. All the image
adjustments were done in Photoshop. Now with Lightroom, I have more
powerful cataloging functionality than I did with ACDSee and in
addition, I also have image editing tools that virtually eliminate my
need for Photoshop, and a pretty handy web gallery module as well.

I realize that ACDSee may have moved on since I last used it in 2006,
but I have no doubt that Lightroom is the better tool.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu