Subject: [Leica] haze? where it came from?
From: qiao_li at mentor.com (Qiao Li)
Date: Fri Aug 8 10:21:03 2008

Hi folks,

I have occassionally had pictures with a wide swath of haze.
I hadn't been able to tell definitely whether that was due to
stray sunlight entering the lens or not.

The lens is a Summicron-R 50mm, always with lens hood on.

>From this most recent roll of film though, I got two pictures
taken about within the minute of each other, at relatively the
same position. One with haze, another without.

The one with haze is not showing the full extent of the haze,
the dark grass in the background masks its effect a bit.

Both pictures were at f8 or f11.

has haze,
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/qiao_li/superia-100-735.jpg.html

clear
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/qiao_li/superia-100-736.jpg.html

I wonder what could be the source of the haze? Could it be from
my eye classes? Since the lens has its hood on all the time, and
some other pictures with haze were taken with sun coming squarely
from the side (perpendicular to) the sight of the lens.

Thanks.

Qiao