Subject: [Leica] IMG: Rubicon Trail
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Thu Aug 7 09:34:55 2008

I'm spending a couple of weeks with my family up at Lake Tahoe, CA.
Yesterday we went for a walk on the Rubicon Trail. This isn't the one made
famous by off road enthusiasts, but a 4 - 5 mile trail along the west shore
of the lake from D L Bliss State Park to Emerald Bay, then up to the road.
We parked a car at either end as the walk would double if we didn't.

I found it to be one of the most beautiful walks at the Lake I've ever
taken. And there were clouds which, in my opinion, really enhanced the
images. I debated carrying the 40lb larger format gear (a new Canon outfit
to replace my Hassy's :-( ), but opted for the Leica outfit. Glad I did as
I'm not a decathalete like many on this list (Doug!). All images were taken
with a 21mm except the stream (50mm) and the last image at the top of
Emerald Bay (35mm).

I'm working on my daughter's uncalibrated laptop here, so I'm not sure if I
got the contrast and brightness/exposures right on. A couple I'll end up
printing when I get home, and will work my calibrated setup of course.

Used Lightroom 2 for the first time. Just blown away by many of the new
features. The local dodge/burn and graduated filter tool are simply
wonderful. On many of the images where the sky looked blown, I used the
graduated filter tool and they appeared like magic!! Now the only filter
I'll carry is my polarizer and a ND filter for when I need to slow things
down.

Hope you enjoy. C&C always looked forward to and appreciated,

http://www.raflexions.com/Rubicon

Bob

 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA