Subject: [Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200... Now defective 21 Elmarit
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Jul 22 14:09:50 2008

Gene that is very strange indeed.
I assume that your 21 is a 6 bit model? If it's new can you exchange it with
your dealer or try another example on there? Ty your lens on another M8?
Have you investigated any other possible factors? For example is the 6 bit
sensor clean? Are the pits in the lens clean?
Have you tried wiggling the lens when mounted? Please keep us informed and
good luck getting it sorted out quickly.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/