Subject: [Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200... Now defective 21 Elmarit
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 12:35:54 2008

Richard,

Well, I would probably go for a M8 in that price range.  ;-)  Now if only my
new 21 Elmarit M Asph was as trouble free as my M8 has been...  The lens
does not bring up the correct frame lines and therefore the lens detection
does not work.  ;-(  If I manually select the correct frames, then the
detection does work.  I talked to Dale Elwell at Leica NJ and he tells me
they should be able to fix it before I leave on Aug 9 for Europe, but with
the trouble people have had this past year or so with long repair times, I
think I will just wait until I get back and then send it in.  I don't want
to take the chance of it not being back by the time I leave.  I did write a
letter that I sent in with the warranty card so they know it was defective
out of the box.  Otherwise I really like the results so far.

Gene

From: Richard Man <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>