Subject: [Leica] 50 Meg Kodak sensor - maybe thisis what'shappeningbehindthe doors at Solms:
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Jul 18 13:15:00 2008

I said a no-no?  ( Oh, crop!)

Back to the original issues..... small pixel counts, fantastic prints.....

I have to admit that as much as I am a wet film user only, the entire
printing industry is now digital.  That has really moved the printing
algorithms forward....and allowed small pixel counts to produce those
wonderful large prints.  However you also point out that you must look at
the prints from the right distance.... a 50x50 inch  print viewed from 3
inches way, or worse yet, louped, will look terrible.  Put it 10 feet away,
and it looks magnificent.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net