Subject: [Leica] 50 Meg Kodak sensor - maybe this is what'shappeningbehindthe doors at Solms:
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Jul 18 06:09:23 2008

Geoff,

That's one sharp eye!

Pixel count is overrated. I saw a 24x36 inch print from a 2.1 MP camera.
D1, maybe. It looked great. Up close it wasn't ultra sharp. But viewed
normally, it looked fine. Apparently some software magic had been
applied. As a photograph it was impressive.

My Fuji f31 has a one, maybe two, stop advantage over other P&S cameras.
(I wish it were more like 6 stops). It's only 6 MP. I'll take less noise
over more pixels.

DaveR