Subject: [Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200...
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu Jul 17 19:39:21 2008

Well, I for one am grateful to my friend who, when I was waffling about
spending so much money for a camera, offered to lend me his for a month.

I didn't do it, but for him to care so much for the advancement of my craft
moved me tremendously.  I ordered the camera very soon after that, and I
have shot thousands of wonderful frames with it in the year and a half I've
had it.

It is the best camera I've ever owned.   It gave me a chance to give a whole
new look to my flowers, and  when I've taken the time to print  some of the
output,  I've been truly in awe of the result.

It made me see that some of the lenses that I thought were good performers
were trash, and that I was just making excuses for them.  I have no regrets,
that I did not wait.

For what it is worth,  My Pentax K10D kit sits virtually unused.  I do use
the Oly for the pets, because of the screen and the live view.

If the M9 has live view, and a movable screen, I might just sell this
wonderful camera to you, Richard.  I already got about $10,000 worth of fun
out of it, and sold enough pictures to nearly pay for it.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com