Subject: [Leica] 28/3.5 Color -Skopar
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu Jul 17 10:45:43 2008

Thanks Gene,

I bought my 21/2.8 ASPH when it was introduced. I actually called Don
Chatterton to order a non-ASPH and he mentioned that the ASPH was on the
way. I sold my 21/3.4 SA to buy it. I wish I still had the SA, but I
don't regret buying the 21 ASPH.

It's a superb lens, as you know. It's also a lot of fun to use. Using it
didn't come naturally to me. I had to use mine a lot before I finally
started making good images.

I mainly used the SA for interior architecture. I used the 21 ASPH more
for reportage type stuff. Here's one (21 ASPH), where I missed the
vertical every so slightly. You'd think I'd have learned. :-)
http://www.purplehen.com/gallery1/PortaNigra.htm

Most of these were with the 21/2.8 ASPH
http://www.purplehen.com/charleston/IMAGE1.HTM

BTW, I lost the 21 metal finder for the SA. I bought a newer plastic one
which I like more to use. But that was a tough loss.

DaveR