Subject: [Leica] 28/3.5 Color -Skopar
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Jul 17 06:35:29 2008

I use this lens a lot, first on the M6 as compact combo on hikes, now as
standard lens on the R-D1s. It's very sharp and contrasty, but, thanks to
the classic double gaussian design, does not have that brutal oversharpened
look of many newer asph lenses. The bokeh, if you ever manage to get one, is
quite creamy (f3.5 and subject 70cm away, it works). Handling/ergonomy are
on Leica standard, which is not the case with the other CV lenses (which
often tend to be quite stiff in the beginning). I think the 28 Skopar has
the best built quality of all CV's - except the paint which gets some
brassing, but that's something I do not care about. The only real minus is
it's vignetting - acceptable on film, but on the R-D1 it often needs some
digital correction. But nevertheless, it's a keeper.
Didier

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] 28/3.5 Color -Skopar)
Message from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] 28/3.5 Color -Skopar)