Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Street Photography
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Tue Jul 15 14:35:48 2008

I dislike most photos where the person is looking at the photographer, into
the lens. To do so violates the theory of 4th wall removal which governs
theatre.

It only works when the face is truly extraordinary, a surprise, like
McCurry's Afghan girl with the piercing world-weary green eyes.

But I also much prefer to see the white of at least one eye, and both are
better. Adds immeasurably to the alive-ness of the subject. Otherwise, poses
seem lifelessly statuesque.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Re: Leica Street Photography)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: Leica Street Photography)