Subject: [Leica] mini photo story - balloon evening
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Mon Jul 14 11:58:54 2008

Funny that two us agreed we had the most bizarre urge to just 'step
out' (!) of the gondola at 5000 feet.

It seems so unreal, quiet an peaceful up there.
Your hind brain says "yeah -- step out so we can float away"
Your fore brain says "what the hell you doing??"

We floated past Tanglewood and The Mount (Edith Wharton's house) and
landed very gently in Foxhollow (a condo community). As we landed two
cars stopped to watch - out of the cars appeared a guy wearing a loud
McCain for President shirt, his nascar loving kids and 2 identically
dressed Orthodox Jewish women.
Then helped us collapse and break down the gondola.

Tipsy on champagne, with the sun setting, we had quite a memorable evening...

Eric