Subject: [Leica] Lecia Street Photography
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Sat Jul 12 08:44:25 2008

While accredited photojournalists (working with press passes from
mainstream media outlets) may have a mandate (not sure what that
means) to "cover the news" "street photography," as we see it
presented here and elsewhere, does not necessarily fall into the news
category. It has become a genre unto itself. Most street
photographers do not have press credentials. When I did full time
photojournalism from the late 60's to mid 70's I had press passes and
never had to show them. Partly because I was known in many venues but
also because there were no restrictions. Back then the only places I
ever had to show a press pass was to get back stage or up close to
high profile subjects, press conferences and the like. Now, I need a
press pass and a permit to take a high end camera and bag of lenses
to Summerfest. Ridiculous - to say the least.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com