Subject: [Leica] OT: something to make you smile OR why youtube was invented
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Jul 9 20:41:23 2008

This morning my daughter-in-law shared this and it's so spot on, and
my reactions were so similiar, that I felt obliged to share it with
this group because I think this list, as a whole, shares the
sensibilities that make this work.

Tiff writes:

I read an article in the NY Times the other day about a guy named Matt
Harding who became "Internet famous" a couple of years ago for this
video of a silly dance he does in various exotic locations around the
world:

<http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/08/arts/television/08dancer.html>

I missed his first round of celebrity because I was working at an
office that blocked YouTube and pretty much ignored it until I changed
jobs.  In any case, Matt became so famous from this video that people
started writing to him, asking him to come dance in their cities and
offering to come join him. After a couple of years of this, Matt went
back to Stride Gum, who had sponsored his last trip, to suggest that
he go on another trip to do a dancing video, this time inviting people
to dance with him. Stride thought it was a great idea. The result was
recently posted to YouTube:

<http://youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY&feature=user> (be sure to
click "watch in high quality" to the lower right, under the video
controls)

I lasted about 30 seconds before starting to grin like an idiot. I
suggest that it's nigh unto impossible to watch this video without
feeling a little bit happier, which is why I'm sharing it with you
all- everyone needs some silly fun in their day. The video is
completely safe for the office (but it does play music, so perhaps
you'd like headphones), and there's nothing risque or offensive about
it- it's just this dorky guy doing a completely joyful little jig with
people from around the world.

Have fun...

-Tiff