Subject: [Leica] New Leica Website
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Jul 7 12:54:57 2008

Eric

So far you dit it right except for the size handling. As you use Photoshop,
you might resize your pictures best inside this program.

I don't know the english menu terms, it's somewhere in the "Image" menu (or
can also be found by right-clicking on the title bar of the document
window). After resizing, apply a moderate unsharp masking in the "Filter"
menu, see how its done here http://tinyurl.com/6yx6to - my usual setting for
that kind of job is around 75/0.2/0.

There's another resize option within the "Save for Web" window (at the
right, below the jpg settings, there are two tabs, one for the color
palette, one for the size). I use this feature less (or never, better said).

If I have a series of pictures which should be resized and cropped to the
same output size (something which happens often), I create a psd file of
that size, paste and scale the large images into that file and save for web
from there. There are many other ways to do it also (like with "photoshop
actions" and more)

Didier

Replies: Reply from eboehmjr at gmail.com (Eric Boehm, Jr) ([Leica] New Leica Website)
Message from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] New Leica Website)